[Electronics-talk] Purpose of List

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Mon Feb 21 02:03:37 UTC 2011

I certainly have to repeat, with all my guts, that computers are
indeed electronic appliances!

appliances<electronics-talk at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 01:53:22 -0600
>Subject: Re: [Electronics-talk] Purpose of List

>Dave, I must agree with Peter on this.  INstead of just
criticizing us for not using this list properly, why not say
something like this:

>While this list is not normally for the purpose of discussing
computers and the like, I recognize that there are many of you
who do enjoy such discussion.  Below, please find a list of all
the NFB lists which do in fact invite such discussion".  At that
point, I'd give the lists.  Just criticizing alone without
offering any alternatives is, to speak frankly, less than
helpful.

>Sincerely,
>The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

>Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!
>Skype name:
>barefootedray

>Facebook:
>facebook.com/ray.foretjr.1

>On Feb 20, 2011, at 1:29 AM, Peter Rabaioli wrote:

>> Dear David, Perhaps directing those of us whom more enjoy the
computer
>> discussion instead of the obvious lack of an underwater talking
watch would
>> be in order.  I have found the back and forth about PC Vs. Mac
much more
>> interesting than talking scales, watches and other minimal
interest products
>> more interesting... please direct those of us whose interest to
computing to
>> the appropriate list and we can all co-exist within the realm
that is of
>> more interest to each of us.  It seems that Apple offers a
plethora of
>> products, using a common interface, should hold a vast interest
to many of
>> us.  Macssability.com is helpful but, augmenting via this feed
doesn't seem
>> too inappropriate to me.... as well as other insomniacs.  All
the best,
>> Peter

Andrews
>> Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:44 PM
>> To: electronics-talk at nfbnet.org
>> Subject: [Electronics-talk] Purpose of List

>> Everybody,  this is not a computer help, or discussion list, nor
>> list to gripe about  the assistive technology your state does or
>> doesn't buy.  The list is for the discussion  of access to home
>> electronics and appliances, and phones.

>> David Andrews, Moderator

info for
>> Electronics-talk: