[Electronics-talk] [Bulk] Tracfone cell phone service?

Michael bonsai1b at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 6 23:55:47 UTC 2011

Hi Raquel
I had a track phone for about a year when I had low but reasonable vision.
I found it very difficult to use.  I had to use a magnifying glass to see
the menu's.  The buttons were so small I had to have a friend put bump dots
on the buttons.  If I didn't purchase what they considered an adequate
number of minutes, my SIM card would not work and they had to send me a new
SIM card.  Activating the card required putting multiple 13 to 15 digit
numbers in the phone and I had to have a friend do this.  So I found the
phone to be a total pain, mainly because I had low vision.  But they only
charge ten cents per minute.  You purchase these minutes and then enter the
codes into the phone to activate them.  They require that you purchase an
average of 120 minutes per month if I recall to keep the SIM card from
expiring.

Although the cost seemed reasonable, the frustration that I got using the
phone made me junk it.

Michael