[Electronics-talk] Purpose of List

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Mar 8 02:15:33 UTC 2011

Well, Apple creates a problem...  I don't harp on the purpose of the
list to be a jerk, there needs to be some structure and guidelines,
or chaos takes place, and people start unsubscribing.  On the other
hand, Apple's VoiceOver is on computers, phones, and personal
electronics.  I don't want this to be a VoiceOver list, or a computer
list, as there are plenty of good ones out there.  On the other hand,
phones and iPods are fair game.  I understand that there will be some
cross over, some off topic messages etc.

People are quick to jump on me when I do call some one out, but if
you pay attention you will notice that I generally let things go a
while, and only say something when something off topic has been going
on for a while.  I also may step in when I see people start to
unsubscribe, something a regular list user might not know.

Dave