[Electronics-talk] battery chargers

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sun May 8 17:28:45 UTC 2011

Hi guys.  About six months ago, I purchased a Duracell Value Charger from
Soap.com.  It came with four Duracell precharged NiMH AA batteries that are
supposed to last up to 500 charging cycles.  I took them out of the package,
installed a pair directly in my Oral B battery-powered toothbrush, and have
not had to recharge them yet, even though I use my toothbrush twice a day.
The charger itself is a nice, compact unit that plugs directly into any AC
outlet.  It has a LED, but no audible, charge indicator, and it can charge
two pairs of AA or AAA batteries at a time or one pair of each.  The
charging time is about 6 hours, and the unit has circuitry to prevent
overcharging if it is left plugged in.  I figure the batteries will outlast
me.  The charger with 4 AA precharged batteries costs about $14, and from my
research, it seems like the best value on the market. Of course, you can buy
extra AA or AAA NIMH battries to use with this unit, so you can go totally
green if you want. For more info:

http://www.soap.com/products/Duracell-Value-Charger-with-4-AA-Rechargeable-Batteries-67393

Gerald