[Electronics-talk] Talking microwave ovens

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sun Nov 20 12:21:03 UTC 2011

You really don't have much of a choice.  The talking microwave sold by
Maxi-Aids is currently the only talking microwave left on the market, as the
Cook Magic from Hamilton Beach that you own has been discontinued.  So
unless you are prepared to fork over almost $400 for this model, which seems
grossly overpriced to me, it looks like you will have to buy a conventional
model and place tactile markings on its touchpad. Panasonic offers a model,
NN-SD377S , that has tactile pushbuttons.  And Avanti offers a low-priced,
small and very basic model that hasmechanical knobs for setting the timer
and power levels.

Gerald