[Electronics-talk] AT&T Inspiration, and Galaxy two Cell Phones

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sun Nov 20 19:17:05 UTC 2011

Hey Frida,

What an interesting write up, thanks for sharing.

I don't think I agree that an iPhone is harder to get used to if
you're a windows user.  I think that for either the iPhone or an
android phone the user does need to get used to the phone.

I'm glad that AT&T is showing blind people accessibility options on
the Android phones.  I still believe that the iPhone and voiceover
provide a better overall user experience for a blind user than android
and talkback.  However, plenty of people don't need the overall
experience, they're happy to just read emails texts and make phone
calls.

The Code Factory thing, called mibile accessibility, is a screen
reader that also has some talking apps built in.  If your friends find
that they don't like the email or web browsing experience, they may
decide that mobile accessibility is a worth while investment.

Take Care,

Jim