[Electronics-talk] DH radios and digitral TV audio

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sun Nov 20 23:50:34 UTC 2011

Hi list this sounds like something for the accessible electronics list
Huh?  Ken here with a question.  I know they stopped making the audio
receivers with the braille dials for complete radio and TV band reception years  ago
Huh?  I was just wondering.  with the new networks on the  secondary
channels of digital TV channels, does anyone know if there is an HD  radio on the
market that can also hear TV audio the way we used to have radios  that got
TV band?  for example, is there a radio that can hear the fourth  channel of
WPIX TV in NY so that a blind person who may not have cable or who  has
DirectTV or dish network can hear the audio part of let's say adam-12 every
day?  Yeah it's back on TV on the Antenna TV network from tribune
broadcasting.  I would guess the radio in question would have to be an HD  radio Huh?
thanks, Ken.