[Electronics-talk] Blind friendly way to convert stereo to playUSBcontent

Laz Mesa lazaro6 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 18:20:13 UTC 2011

That's right, Vince, if you leave FM transmitters out of the equation.
 I'd also like to clear up that one doesn't need a Victor Stream to
accomplish this with a stereo.  One can use any device which has a
normal headphone jack.  this could be one of the more expensive
blind-only players as has been mentioned, a more-affordable Talking
MP3 Player, or even an iPod Nano which I know Gerardo has.  He could
even patch the audio output from his computer through his stereo in
this manner.

Happy Holiday Season everyone!

Laz

"cheez" <cheez at cox.net> wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a device other than a
y-jack patch cord you can use to run an external device through your stereo.
Be sure to get a cord with the right male jacks.
I assume you'll need one with a 1-1/8 inch male to a male RCA.  That's the
uniform jack configuration for most on the market stereos.
Vince