[Electronics-talk] Help with Descriptive Video

Cbandmantracker cbandman1949 at surewest.net
Wed Sep 21 00:05:52 UTC 2011

Recently I had sent off the problems withdescriptive video from a show that
aired on Tuesday for NCIS Los Anges to our CBS affiliate  station out here
in the Sacramento area where CBS 5 from the San Francisco TV station
descriptive video carrier was seinding out a much better quality of sound,
given the audio was in the monophonic format. With  CBS 13 this wasn't the
case, given the reason that it was very hard to hear Miles Napwhile he was
announcing the characters. I tried to point this problem out with Robert
Hess who is the enginner for CBS 13 an he didn oot see this as a problem.
My Question is this, then why is that CBS 5 is putting out a much better
quality to which I'm able to notice, and that Robert Ness is unable to find
the problem? CBS 13 is using a different audio stream, then that from what
CBS 5 is using, therefore indicating with me. Is there a simple way that I
could send my sample audiod streams of this show to someone in the group who
will be able to help me resolve this matter. so the many of the blind and
visually impaired folks can enjoy the show, even with the new season
starting? Thanks