[Electronics-talk] Alva 380 Braille Dislplay for sail

Tony Sohl tonysohl at cox.net
Mon Sep 26 21:10:25 UTC 2011

Hi I have an Alva 380 Braille display in excelent condition that I'm willing to sell. All cables, documentation and software discs are included. This works with older versions of JAWS for Windows and connects to the computer through it's parallel port or if you havde a USB to parallel converter that will work as well.

I'm not sure if the newest versions of JAWs support the alva 380 display but you might want to check with Freedom Scientific.

The unit has only been used twice and all the cells are in very good shape. I'm asking $500 or best offer for the unit. the unit also comes in a carrying case and it's ready to use immediately.

the software that is included with the unit is for use with MS-dos computers and JAWS has drivers already set up for the unit.

For more information you can contact me off the list at:
tonysohl at cox.net