[Electronics-talk] I phone question

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 8 13:48:42 UTC 2012

If he remembers what he has already entered in, like first or last name, or
company name, there is an alternative and faster way to get to the contact.

If you are already on the home screen or page 1, press the Home button once
to get to the search page.  If you are someplace else, you will have to
press the Home button again until you hear search.  NOTE, if you press the
Home button twice quickly, you will be taken to the App Switcher, and this
is not where you want to be.

Once on the search page, start entering in first or last name, or the
company.  You do not have to enter all of it.

Double click or split tap the search button to complete the search and make
the keyboard disappear.  You do not have to activate the search button if
you think what you want will be at the top of the list.

Either slide your finger around on the list, or touch the top of the screen
and start single finger flicking to the right until you find what you are
looking for.

Double tap to open the contact.

Now follow Rob's directions from step 5 as noted in his message below.

HTH,
Annette