[Electronics-talk] Audio labeling systems

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 16 00:30:50 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I was all set to purchase the PenFriend when I discovered that there are a
number of other similar products on the market.  I have crossed off of my
list the Sherlock and Sherlock Jr as well as the old familiar VoxCom.  The
Pen Friend is still a strong contender alongside the Voila Talking Labeler
and the Reizen Talking labeler.

Does anyone know how these products compare to one another?

How do the size of the labels compare?

Can you purchase additional labels for the Voila and Reizen systems?

I'm assuming that the labels for the Reizen are possibly made of plastic as
the description says they are re-usable.  Does anyone know if this is the
case?  What about the labels for the Voila?

I am enticed by the Reizen as it has 240 hours of storage space.  It comes
with 200 re-usable labels.  But if I cannot add additional labels, I see
this as a big negative.  When I first saw the PenFriend my first thought was
that I can stick the labels to my washer and dryer to identify each of the
buttons, and the various options around the dial.  I'm not sure about being
able to do this with the Reizen.  My other use for the PenFriend is to stick
the labels to 3x5 index cards and laminate them.  This would permit me to
re-use the labels as needed and sounds like it could also be accomplished
with the Rezen.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Annette