[Electronics-talk] Amedia Fair

Oso Calmo osocalmo at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Dec 17 06:13:01 UTC 2012

Amedia Fair is the informative festival for the visually impaired in Japan.
It's held on Dec 23 every year.
Many visually impaired people come each year.
This is its 23rd time.  It has been held since the second year of the
foundation of Amedia Corporation, Japan, a company that manufacturers and
distributes electronic devices and software for the blind.
This year, 21 manufacturers of electronic devices for the visually impaired
are exhibiting.

In the event hall this year, we plan to have:
introduction of the new products of topic among the visually impaired,
Discussion meeting on Braille and speech guidance at train and subway
stations,
Talk on how to use Daisy and, as in previous years,
the rakugo performance, so expected by many attendants each year.
People bringing the pamphlet on Amedia Fair (you can download it from
Amedia's website) are entitled to receive one bread hot from the oven.
Also the lottery with products donated by many companies is very popular
among the attendants.  This year you can get an IC recorder by Olympus, a
Yomubee (Amedia's Japanese ocr-reading machine) among others.
In the exhibition room, two games that the visually impaired can enjoy are
scheduled.
There are some products that you can buy only at the fair at a special
discount, too: this year you can buy portable electronic magnifiers, radio
sets that allow you also to listen to digital tv, bone-transmission
headphones, etc.  You may check the special prices for the event at Amedia's
website (http://www.amedia.co.jp [Japanese]).
At Amedia Fair, you can not only get the latest information, but also you
can enjoy the festival.

Admission free!!!

At Asakusabashi Toushou Center, Tokyo, from 10:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Dec 23.

Well, I know that it's impossible for most of you, who are in the U.S.,  to
come to Amedia Fair.  Just I wonted you to know about this event known by
most visually impaired people in Japan and, perhaps, if someone from Japan
is in this list, I would like to invite him or her to come.

Thanks.