[Electronics-talk] Don't make a bad situation worse [was "Re: (no subject)"]

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:55:10 UTC 2012

Well, first, you shouldn't be clicking on links from people you don't
know in messages with no subject lines. In fact, you shouldn't be
clicking on links even from people you do know since it's the people who
have you in their address books who will be sending you viruses.

I agree it's unacceptable, but maybe someone's PC is infected with a
virus and this wasn't done intentionally.

Either way, I think continuing to discuss it on list is just making the
problem worse and is unacceptable in it's own way. If you don't think
David caught it then bring it up with him off list. I think I've seen
three messages come in so far on a message where I just hit the delete
key, and furthermore, this link, which someone may suspect is a virus,
has now been reposted to the list three times.

On 17/02/12 12:24, Ray Foret Jr wrote:
> You and me both!!!  I imagine Dave will want to look in to how this can be prevented; or, at least curtailed.
>
> Sincerely,
> The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!
>
> On Feb 17, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Frida Aizenman wrote:
>
>> This is not, I repeat, not acceptable. Something about a website from Canada selling healthcare products.
>> I just hope my computer was not infected, even though, I have Spy Doctor protection.
>> Needless to say, I am very annoyed.
>> Frida

<Offending link removed.>

--