[Electronics-talk] Supporting device for Pebbleportableelectronicmagnifier

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 26 15:59:26 UTC 2012

Dear All,

No device is needed to bait a fishing hook.  You do it all by feel.
You first take the line with the hook on it and carefully locate the hook.
You then feel the hook and find which way the hook is facing and hold it so
that you know where the point of the hook is and can push it into the bait,
live or chuck.
I keep my finger next to the point of the hook and then find my bait with my
other hand.
I then select where I want to insert the hook into the bait and push the
point into to the bait.
If I am using live bait, I grip the bait by the head and then insert the
hook in the bait fishes back, next to the back bone and with the point
inserted from the tail of the bait fish toward the head, but without the
point sticking out of the bait fish.
This ensures that the bait fish will not wiggle off the hook, it hides the
tip of the hook from the fish being caught and the fish you are trying to
catch will always go for the head of the bait fish firs and therefore the
hook in the fish.
This also works for worms as well except I will weave the hook back and
forth through the worm a couple of times to make sure it will not come off
the hook.
It just takes a little practice, not eye sight.
I use a hook remover to get the hook out of the mouths of some fish to
prevent being bitten.
I place my foot on the fish, and locate the head of the fish, by the gills,
and hold it with one hand.
I then put out my hook remover and find the line leading to the hook.
I get the line between the jaws of the hook remover and slide it down the
line to the mouth of the fish and locate the hook.
I then grip the end of the hook and twist the hook until i get it out of the
fishes mouth.
This is a little harder than baiting the hook, but can be done with no
eyesight.

That is my two cents.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.