[Electronics-talk] Screen readers for Android [was "Re: talking app for android phones"]

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:38:05 UTC 2012

I haven't heard of anyone using one of these screen readers on Android
tablets. This may be related to the fact that cellphones currently rung
Gingerbread (Android 2) while tablets run Honeycomb (Android 3). Ice
Cream Sandwich (Android 4) is the merge of Gingerbread and Honeycomb, so
Ice Cream Sandwich should support both cell phones and tablets, and
furthermore, Ice Cream Sandwich has some significant accessibility
improvements. People may be able to run these screen readers on
Honeycomb, and I just don't know about it, but I'm thinking this will
all come together on the cell phones and tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich.

My understanding is this is off topic for this list, so I'd suggest
moving future questions and discussions to the blind phones list, which
you can subscribe to by sending a message to:
blindphones-subscribe at mosenexplosion.com

Note this is just my understanding of the list guidelines, but either
way, you may get better answers on an Android or cell phone list.