[Electronics-talk] (no subject)

cheez cheez at cox.net
Sat Jul 14 23:51:45 UTC 2012

Here are the details:

Oehm Electronics offers DTV Radio
The demise of radio tuners that can receive TV broadcasts has resulted in
the introduction of a specialty product to address the interest in an
audio-only
HD TV receiver, the DTV Radio.

The device is sold directly by Oehm Electronics. The shipping package
includes a braille manual, the DTV unit, and its power cable. In addition to
the braille
documentation, an electronic version of the manual is e-mailed immediately
when the order is placed.

The DTV Radio is not based on an FM tuner; it's an HD TV without a screen.
This is revealed by the permanently mounted remote control attached to the
right-hand
face of the DTV cabinet, the approximate dimensions of which are 14 by 12 by
3 inches.

Because the unit is a conventional digital TV tuner, speech output isn't
part of the interface. Instead, sequences of button presses on the control
panel
perform specific functions. To assist with this process, a braille diagram
of the controls is included.

If the intent of the DTV Radio is to provide a custom product to a select
group of individuals who desire complete and accessible documentation for a
television
receiver that can be operated in a convenient and predictable manner, the
DTV Radio succeeds in meeting this goal.

The DTV Radio costs $175 plus shipping and is available from Oehm
Electronics, (408) 971-6250, or
oehmelec at comcast.net

Vince