[Electronics-talk] Satyamev Jayate (TV show) exclusive for Differentially-abled!

saravanan saravanan.ramadoss1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 01:50:24 UTC 2012

Satyamev Jayate (TV show)
Satyamev Jayate: Aamir supports differently-abled - TV - Indian TV - ibn
live
New Delhi: Aamir Khan talked about the rights of differently-abled people
during the sixth episode of his television show. Do you also think that
being physically challenged is the result of bad deeds in previous life?
Till 2001, differently-abled people were not even counted in the census? A
major chunk of our society has a very insensitive attitude towards the
people who want to live their life with dignity despite their disabilities.
Rather than supporting them, they are made to believe that it's their fate.

As the promo suggested, Aamir Khan spoke to some differently-abled people on
the show who are trying to lead a normal life and helping many others like
them. Sai Prasad from Hyderabad got a college admission and then a job with
Infosys on merit basis. Despite being physically challenged, he decided to
study further and went to USA. He says, "My disability is not my problem,
it's the infrastructural disability of our country that makes our life
difficult. Other countries have such brilliant facilities for disabled
people. Why can't we have the same in India?"

Visually impaired Krishnakant Mane who has recently got married is full of
life. He works with IIT as a project leader and heads a team of 20 people.
He said, "Being disabled doesn't make you inferior to anyone. Secondly,
don't take the world for granted, the world is kind and cruel to everyone.
Start taking your own responsibility. I would like to tell this to all the
parents as well that put your child into a normal school and let him feel
equal to other children"

Aamir Khan is all set to make his television debut with 'Satyamev Jayate'.
IBNLive
Going to school is very important for the complete development of a child.
Aamir also interviewed a few teachers during the show. They revealed that if
they even admit handicapped children in school, other parents object to
that. As a result, most of these kids are deprived of education. According
to the Right to Education Act, every child has the right to go to a regular
school.

Love, care, support and equality can really bring a change in the life of
differently-abled people. There are very few institutions like Amar Jyoti
School, New Delhi where disabled and normal children study under the same
roof.

Javed Abidi from National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled
People says, "There are 6-7 crore disabled people in India. They should be
given equal opportunity to study and work so that they can also contribute
towards the economic growth of India."

Negligence of government and society towards the disabled has made their
life even more difficult. Just giving them an equal right to study and work
can really bring a change their life. The sixth episode of 'Satyamev Jayate'
raised a very important point. Will the authorities listen to Aamir's appeal
and take any action against education institutions which do not treat
disabled children as equals.

Aamir's show 'Satyamev Jayate' is surrounded with many controversies at the
moment. While Indian Medical Association accused him of insulting the
medical profession, Khap Panchayat is demanding that the show should be
taken off air.
Satyamev Jayate (English: Truth Alone Prevails) is an Indian TV talk show
that
airs on various channels within Star Network along with Doordarshan's DD and
AIR.
Please don't miss it on Vijai TV on every sunday at 11:00 A.m.
In other TV channels:
the above mentioned TV show can be viewed on Star Plus TV Channel at 11 a.m.
and 10 p.m. Indian standard time on Sunday's. It is being compeered by the
internationally famous Indian film star, Mr. Aamir Khan. Last  Sunday's
episode was focused on differently abled persons, and it featured some extra
ordinary comments by some enlightened visually challenged persons like Mr.
Javed Abidi and Mr. Ketan Kothari. It also featured some N.G.O.s that are
doing tremendous work in this field, + a disabled friendly jim being run by
Mr. Joginder Singh, a differently abled person.
It is a wonderful awareness programme about "Differentially-abled".
Please share this news to all your friends.
______
Please feel free to pass  your comments, feedbacks & new ideas to  the below
menntioned contact details.
Email:
saravanan.ramadoss1 at gmail.com
saravanan_2008 at hotmail.com
*******
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
William Shakespeare
------
Character can not be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of
trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and
success achieved.
Helen Keller
######
 Adieu.