[Electronics-talk] OT: Looking for Discussions of Notetakers

GeorTsoukala at aol.com GeorTsoukala at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 21:00:06 UTC 2012

Send an email to _PMList-subscribe at pacmategear.com_
(mailto:PMList-subscribe at pacmategear.com) .

In a message dated 3/17/2012 11:58:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
amcarr1 at verizon.net writes:

Hi  Craig,

Off of the top of my head, I am not aware of a list for note  takers in
general.  So depending on what you want to get out of a  group and if you
have a specific device in mind, here is some info you  might find helpful.

Freedom scientific had a link off of their site  for a PackMate users group.
It has been years since I've used a PacMate, so  I do not know if it is
still
in existence.

When GWMicro was selling  the BrailleSense and VoiceSense products, they had
a user's group.   But now that HIMS opened an US office and took back the
sales of their  devices and I am no longer using a voiceSense, I'm not sure
if HIMS started  up a group.  There might be something on their website.

The  BlindPhone Discussion group used to be a good source for the use of
smart  phones.  There have been many discussions on how to use  these
mainstream devices for note takers and more.

When I first  started using Apple products, I belonged to a group  called
PortablePlayers.  I have not seen anything come through from  them in a
while, so I do not know if they are still out there.

If  you are considering any of the Apple products, visit the  AppleVis
website.  There are all types of review of Apps and a variety  of forums to
belong to.  The Apple products offer a lot of  versatility, especially with
all of the new portable braille displays and  input devices on the market.

Depending on what you are looking for in a  note taker, considering a
Netbook
with your favorite screen reader is  another option.

Write me off-list and we can arrange to talk  more if your goal is to learn
more about your options.  Say hi to your  other half.

Annette
Amcarr1 at verizon.net