[Electronics-talk] Accessible HD/FM Radio Announced

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sun May 20 11:29:53 UTC 2012

The reason HD radio is dead in the water is that consumers prefer to pay for
commercial-free XM/Sirius radio.  Instead of introducing an HD radio , the
audio benefits of which are dubious in a unit of this size, Insignia would
have been better off offering an AM/FM radio that can also receive the audio
portion of digital TV broadcasts, much like the old analog AM/FM/TV band
radios.  Do we really need a 32" high definition LCD TV just to hear the
audio portion of the digital TV signal?  I would much rather have the
ability to listen to digital TV stations on a compact radio than a bunch of
HD radio stations churning out more right-wing and hip-hop garbage.

Gerald