[Electronics-talk] Accessible HD/FM Radio Announced

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon May 21 02:02:00 UTC 2012

I don't believe that NPR had anything to do with the Dice radio, at
least not a lot.  The radio, and the one from Best Buy were developed
using accessibility guidelines developed by IAAIS.  I was nominally
involved with the guidelines.

I have used several HD radios without accessibility features, but of
course I didn't know frequencies etc., and didn't have access to
ancillary info broadcast with music, other features of the radios
etc.  These include one from Boston Acoustics, and one from
Radiosophy, plus one from Best Buy itself.

Dave