[Electronics-talk] Accessible HD/FM Radio Announced

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon May 21 13:52:54 UTC 2012

Ray and others,

Thanks for that information, I should have checked the page more closely I guess.  I have one of the
little Insignia walkman style HD Radios for FM and it performs very well in my experience, although it
has no particular accessible features.  Unless this radio is a complete disaster, I think it could be
useful, and I don't think Best Buy's financial difficulties are likely to bring the entire chain down
soon.  There are issues with all retail sales chains that will force them to change how business is done
in years to come, and Best Buy does have challenges and is closing some stores, including the one
nearest to me.  They didn't even ask me first, can you imagine that?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Sun, 20 May 2012 22:04:48 -0500, Ray Foret Jr wrote:

>The radio does include AM, so far as I can tell by the page.

>Sincerely,
>The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

>Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!

>Skype name:
>barefootedray

>Facebook:
>facebook.com/ray.foretjr.1

>On May 20, 2012, at 9:05 PM, Steve Jacobson wrote:

>> I think it is likely that HD will go away on FM, but yhour analogy isn't the same at all unless I'm
misunderstanding.  Even HD FM stations have an analog
>> program, unlike TV stations now, so at worst it would be an accessible FM radio.  I wish it included
AM, though, as even if AM HD goes away, I listen to