[Electronics-talk] iOS Updating Question

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 23 11:39:51 UTC 2012

Good morning list colleagues,

The settings screen on my 3g iPhone is prompting me to update the iOS to
version 5.1.1, which under normal circumstances would be a no-brainer.
However, my decision is complicated by knowing that Apple dropped the ball
by forgetting to update the terminal emulation module of its API which
disables qwerty and Perkins keyboard input into iOS devices via Bluetooth
braille displays such as the RefreshiBraille 18 which I will be purchasing
in the near future. Does anyone on list know if the API bug has been
resolved at Apple? The other piece to this dilemma is that the settings
screen will not alow me to reach anything else in the settings menus. Thanks
in advance for any and all info and guidance.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor & Guide Cane Raúl Junior