[Electronics-talk] ADVICE ON PHONE PURCHASE

anita ogletree anita.ogletree at gmail.com
Wed May 23 21:41:11 UTC 2012

Hi all! I have been reading some of the messages on this list and
I feel that someone is able to give me suggestions about the best
kind of phone to purchase and with what service.
Right now I have one of those government assisted phones which
does nothing but send and receive calls (when the minutes are
still available), voice-mail and text messages I cannot read.
So! I would really apsreciate some advice.  Is Verizon a good
service to have? FiOs is my current internet and TV service.
I've known a couple of blind folk with phones from them but I
don't remember what features they used on them.
I have used the LG brands from Sprint.  The last one I had read
most messages and allowed me to send tomorrow, announceed names
and numbers but I still didn't feel it provided the type of
accessibility I wanted.