[Electronics-talk] Accessible stereo systems?

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Thu Oct 25 18:16:00 UTC 2012

How do you operate the unit if you lose or break the remote?  This seems to
be another annoying trend.  Manufacturers have lately been  omitting many
basic functions from their receiver/stereo units themselves in favor of
locating them on the remote only.  This way, if you break or lose the
remote, they can force you to pay an arm and a leg for a new one.  Some of
the buttons on the remote for my ten year old Technics stereo receiver no
longer work, but a replacement remote would cost about $50 or $60, so I will
probably just purchase a new receiver if the remote completely dies.

Gerald