[Electronics-talk] Las Mesa and his ads

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 23 19:26:25 UTC 2012

Linda,
Do you have any of  Las's products? How are they accessible? Audio reading
of the screen?

I want to learn about the ipod nano. Like you, I feel I need tactile buttons
otherwise I'm going to get frustrated as to where buttons are. With many
buttons, its hard enough to memorize their functions without seeing the
label and a touch screen ads more to that learning curve.
Unfortunately, the ipod nano is now a touch screen, where as  the fifth
generation nano was not.
You could go to an apple store and check one out and add a tactile overlay
if you think you can handle that small screen and device.
It works by syncing it with itunes on your pc or mac and then you add songs
or cd albums to the ipod. You can also create playlists. As I said before, I
have an ipod shuffle. It has no screen, just four buttons. That is volume
up/down and then two buttons for going forward and back a song. Very simple
to use; drawback is you have to go through many songs to get what you want
since it has no playlist feature.
If you want something simple though and would like continuous play of songs,
then the ipod shuffle may be for you. For instance, you can copy your elvis
cd from itunes to the ipod and it will play continously without you needing
to press buttons; it also shuffles songs up if you want it to.

No the nano is not a phone, nore is the ipod touch; only device of apples
that is a phone is the I phone.

HTH,
Ashley