[Electronics-talk] GPS in the Big City

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Wed Apr 10 20:34:58 UTC 2013

If that is the case, then I challenge someone on this list to produce a
podcast demonstrating the IPhone GPS app in an urban setting so that the
rest of us can evaluate its performance for ourselves.  Sorry, but until I
hear a real-world demo of the IPhone GPS app in action, I will remain
unconvinced that it is superior to a dedicated GPS device.  Next, someone
will claim that the IPhone can monitor your blood pressure more effectively
than a dedicated blood pressure monitor. There are just limits to what a
single device can do. Besides, at $200 for an IPhone, plus a $1200
commitment over two years for an IPhone contract, it is certainly
moreexpensive over the long term than a dedicated GPS device.

Gerald