[Electronics-talk] Barcode scanner or app

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 13 01:31:55 UTC 2013

Dear All,

There is a difference between the bar code scanners you may have and the one
the store uses at the check out counter.
The store has a software that associates the store's price list with the bar
code and the software in your scanner does not have that information as
store prices can change without warning .
The price information is not designed into the bar code by the manufacturer.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.