[Electronics-talk] Fwd: [Seeingeye-l] Ot Join Mushroom FM for Virtual Murder Mystery Weekend

Danielle Antoine singingmywayin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 02:35:57 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bonnie Lannom <bonnielannom at comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 20:56:55 -0400
Subject: [Seeingeye-l] Ot Join Mushroom FM for Virtual Murder Mystery Weekend
To: seeingeye-l at list.web.net

Hi everybody! I am the director of publicity for Mushroom FM, an
Internet radio station run mainly by persons who are blind or visually
impaired. Later this month, we will celebrate our third birthday with
a virtual murder mystery weekend. Pasted below is the press release.
Feel free to forward and post on other lists! Hope all will tune in
and join in the fun. And to make this dog related, at least five
members of the Mushroom FM team have Seeing Eye dogs.

Thanks so much Bonnie

For Immediate Release:
Contact: Bonnie Lannom, Director of Publicity Mushroom FM,  HYPERLINK
"mailto:bonnie at mushroomfm.com" bonnie at mushroomfm.com
Date: April 15, 2013

M for Murder. M for Mushroom FM.
Internet Radio Station Celebrates Birthday with First Ever Streaming
Virtual Murder Mystery Weekend

Wellington, NZ--Who done it? How, and why? These are questions
listeners and presenters will ask the weekend of April 26, as Mushroom
FM, www.mushroomfm.com, an internet radio station run predominantly by
broadcasters who are blind or visually impaired, celebrates its third
birthday with the first ever Internet radio murder mystery weekend.

Join the Fun Guys and listeners around the globe at the virtual Agairg
castle in the Scottish highlands for a weekend of riding, shooting,
drinking, and other leisurely pursuits of a tweedy country nature.
However, this virtual vacation has a twist--someone isn’t going to
make it!
The mystery begins, Friday April 26 at 2:00 p.m. EST 7:00 p.m. in the
Uk, and for 50 hours, listeners will be on the edge of their seats or
clutching their smart phones in suspense. But instead of hovering in
hallways or crowding into closets under the stairs to compare clues,
listeners will use the social media of Twitter with the Mushroom FM
hashtag to question characters, report suspicious activity, and help
find out who did the dastardly deed.

“Last year, we did a virtual cruise on the Good Ship Fungus,” said
station manager, Jonathan Mosen. “We received such positive feedback
from listeners; I lay awake at night wondering what we would do this
year to top that.”

It was Mushroom FM presenters Gordon Luke and john Glass—whose weekly
show “Live Through the Luking Glass featuring recordings of live music
often with a theme, who came up with the idea. “We “We were originally
going to do a murder mystery theme for our show, but we thought the
idea needed a larger canvas to pull it off,” said Luke. “So when
Jonathan was looking for ideas for this year’s birthday celebration I
posted it to him. One of the great abilities of Mushroom FM is the
fabulous guys we've got involved on the project. They've changed and
extended this simple show theme into what I believe will be a fabulous
weekend.”

To participate in the celebration, listeners need to register for a
guest room by sending an email to  HYPERLINK
"mailto:birthday at mushroomfm.com" birthday at mushroomfm.com. Listeners
will be assigned a room in one of the castle’s four turrets: however,
like checking into a real hotel, guests will not know where their
rooms are until Friday at 2:00 p.m. when the celebration kicks off.
“We are going to have a sorting ceremony to determine what turrets
guests will be in,”” explained Mosen. “We feel this adds to the
excitement of the weekend. To encourage interaction, Participants will
be able to win and lose points for their respective turret through
their participation on Twitter or email interaction with presenters.
All entrants will be automatically entered to win a$200.00 cash prize
and other prizes will be given away throughout the weekend.

“This is the biggest thing we have ever done,” said Mosen. “We have a
loyal group of listeners who have come to expect great things from the
team at Mushroom FM. They won’t be disappointed.”

So pack up your bagpipe and tartan, put on your sleuthing cap and tune
in to find out if the butler did it, and check the special Mushroom FM
webpage at  HYPERLINK "http://www.mushroomfm.com/birthday"
www.mushroomfm.com/birthday for the latest news on the celebration.

Mushroom FM—headquartered in New Zealand, is an Internet radio station
with volunteer broadcasters on four continents. Run predominantly by
persons who are blind or visually impaired, the station provides high
quality personality driven content to a global audience.

For more information about Mushroom FM, visit  HYPERLINK
"http://www.mushroomf.com" www.mushroomf.com

For general information about the list or to modify your subscription visit.