[Electronics-talk] Computer Usage For Deaf Persons

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 00:36:06 UTC 2013

I'm not deaf, so maybe I'm missing something, but what accessibility
problems does a deaf person have using a computer? I think Windows has
an option to provide visual dialogs instead of some of the warning
beeps. I guess videos would need to be captioned, but I think this is up
to the video provider, and I don't see this as equivalent to a screen
reading program like JAWS.

On 08/06/2013 07:29 PM, Nicholas Robertson wrote:
> A coworker saw me using JAWS. He then mentioned he had a hearing impaired daughter, and wondered if there was an equivalent software package that made computers accessible for deaf people like JAWS does for us. Any feedback?
>
> Nicholas S. Robertson
> Sent from my iPhone

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail