[Electronics-talk] . Amazon and Sony Are Requesting That TheAccessibility Be Waived for E-Readers

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 8 19:06:24 UTC 2013

I'm wondering which models exactly are they requesting wavers for?
This is unclear.

The kindle hd fire is a tablet, not just a book reader.
So I assume they have to make this accessible under the new law.
I guess I thought all kindles  were more than book readers, that they all
could play music and other file types. I know not all of them connect to the
internet via wi fi but most do.

If I were ever going to spend money on a kindle, I'd want the thing to
connect to the internet and download books and send email.
So,  if this waver only applies to simple book readers, it would not affect
me.
Depending on the software in the device,  adding audio may, in fact, make it
more expensive.
But they could modify a tablet to make it usable.

Ashley