[Electronics-talk] Blind-friendly boombox

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Aug 28 12:06:54 UTC 2013

Hi Marvin.
I was looking for a boombox that took an SD card and was accessible, but
wasn't sure, so I got a talking MP3 player from talkingMP3players.com, with
a 64G SD card, and a portable speaker from Amazon, and it works very well.
I have tons of music on it; it's totally accessible, and I can use it with
the speaker or with headphones.  When I'm working out, I usually clip it to
my pocket and use headphones, so I can flip to a new song if something comes
on that doesn't suit my mood at the moment.
My whole setup cost more than a boombox, but a lot less than an IPod or
other I-device.
HTH.
Tracy