[Electronics-talk] my opinions and a brief demenstrationof accessibility on the Chromebook

Michael Babcock empoweringtheblind at icloud.com
Sun Dec 1 16:37:10 UTC 2013

That is correct, hears a good explanation of what you can run on
chromebooks:
Explanation from the article called " What is a Chromebook, anyway? |
Google's laptop explained | Digital Trends"
http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-is-a-chromebook-anyway/

--<<
You can think of a Chromebook as Internet-dependent laptop that starts up
super fast (roughly 7 seconds, or a fraction of the time it takes to boot an
Old windows  computer). They're relatively lightweight and powered by
Google's Chrome operating system. The device's name gives you a clue of what
kind of OS it uses,
and the only app natively stored that runs on the device is a browser.
Everything else is composed of Web apps (email, photos, documents), or apps
that
run while you're connected to a network. Of course, this means there's very
little you can do on the Chromebook without Internet access. The high point
about everything being saved on the Web is that you'll have access to it
from any computer. Plus, if your Chromebook ever bites the dust, you won't
have
to worry about losing all your apps, documents, and settings.
>>--
This has changed a little since that article, as thare are some apps that
you can run offline, but they still run in the browser... It's not my every
day laptop, but it's another electronic to have on hand, and growing on me
as I use it...
michael