[Electronics-talk] talking thermostat

emerge at mindspring.com emerge at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 4 19:00:10 UTC 2013

Lauren,

Below is a message I posted when this thread started. It sounds like you need to check with your apartment folks to find out what type of heating system you have, or even have them contact Talking Thermostats to see which model you need. They are well worth it.

I replaced my oil furnace with a heat pump two years ago and therefore had to replace the talking thermostat since these two operate differently. I still have the talking thermostat that was five years old when I removed it and would gladly sell it for much less than a new one if anyone is interested. Again it works with an air conditioning unit and an oil or gas furnace, not a heat pump. E-mail if interested.

And if you decide to buy it new, you won't go wrong either. A great option for a talking programmable thermostat.

Allen Stutts