[Electronics-talk] Land Phones

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Dec 6 08:43:27 UTC 2013

wireless phones are not considered land phones since they use base
stations for communication.  Communicating over a real land line
involves a phone with a wire in a wall jack that sends its
communications and gets its communications over copper wires or optical
fibers connected to that and any other phones.  This is important to
point out since in a national emergency like what happened on September
11, 2001 these land line phones were the only phones that were
operational and it is why Government employees are recommended to keep
at least one of these old style phones and keep it operational in case
their base station frequencies get overloaded and then they can swap the
wireless out for the wired phone and have a chance at making a phone
call.