[Electronics-talk] Correction: Eye-Pal for sale

Sarah Clark sarah at sarahaclark.com
Sun Dec 8 21:16:14 UTC 2013

Hi again,
Sorry I had the spelling wrong. It is an Eye-Pal. (E Y E Pal)

Here is a description:

Faster than a flatbed scanner and weighing in at just 1 lb., Eye-Pal is a portable USB scanner/reader that instantly converts printed material into speech, text files or refreshable Braille. Eye-Pal may be used with  Braille displays from Freedom Scientific, Optelec, and Handytech. Eye-Pal may be purchased for use with a PC or Mac computer.

Again, a friend of mine is selling a rarely used one, and asking $800. If interested, I can put you in touch with her for more info. (I haven't actually used or seen the device so can't really answer questions about it myself, I'm just relaying the message.)
Thanks,
Sarah