[Electronics-talk] Android? Good idea?

Makkawy, Amin amakkawy at uncc.edu
Sun Dec 22 06:59:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am in the process of researching/purchasing a tablet. At this point I am considering either an android tablet or going for an iPad. As an iPhone user (using voiceover), I am very familiar with the apple experience. I am interested in knowing anyone's experience using and android tablet and/or phone. How is talk back/explore by touch, are many third party applications accessible (like in is), any tips you have for me, and finally do you recommend I furthered explore android tablets? If you think I should explore Android tablets, do you have any specific recommendations? Obviously anything you can tell me helps! Oh, I am planning to use this tablet for light web browsing, some e-mail work, reading documents, and general media consumption (I know someone was going to ask me this).

Respect,

Amin