[Electronics-talk] Braille display recommendations

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Tue Feb 19 21:11:42 UTC 2013

I would suggest that you find some way to take a look at them before you
buy. 10 to 12 cells makes the device smaller and cheaper, but you can't
do much reading with so few cells.  You're lucky to get 2 words on a 12
cell display, and the constant advancing will drive you crazy.  Again,
find a way to actually put your hands on one before you buy. If you are
a good Braille reader, I would suggest a minimum of 20 cells.

Andy