[Electronics-talk] The digital radio TV from Oehm

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Fri Jan 18 19:06:14 UTC 2013

Following is a brief description of the Oehm Electronics DTV radio with
contact information near the end:

Oehm Electronics offers DTV Radio

The demise of radio tuners that can receive TV broadcasts has resulted in
the introduction of a specialty product to address the interest in an
audio-only
HD TV receiver, the DTV Radio. The device is sold directly by Oehm
Electronics. The shipping package

includes a Braille manual, the DTV unit, and its power cable. In addition to
the Braille documentation, an electronic version of the manual is e-mailed
immediately when the order is placed. The DTV Radio is not based on an FM
tuner; it's an HD TV without a screen. This is revealed by the permanently
mounted
remote control attached to the right-hand face of the DTV cabinet, the
approximate dimensions of which are 14 by 12 by 3 inches. Because the unit
is a
conventional digital TV tuner, speech output isn't part of the interface.
Instead, sequences of button presses on the control panel perform specific
functions.
To assist with this process, a Braille diagram of the controls is included.
If the intent of the DTV Radio is to provide a custom product to a select
group
of individuals who desire complete and accessible documentation for a
television receiver that can be operated in a convenient and predictable
manner,
the DTV Radio succeeds in meeting this goal.

The DTV Radio costs $175 plus shipping and is available from Oehm
Electronics, (408) 971-6250, or
oehmelec at comcast.net.

Gerald