[Electronics-talk] Digital TV Discussion

cbandmantracker cbandman1949 at surewest.net
Sat Jan 26 21:32:12 UTC 2013

to the person  wants to knmow as to where Cable TV get their signal from for
satellite sereception such as HBO and SHO they have to use different C-band
receiver which are on different channels from the main Sat receiver, then
those channeles are sent to a down converter which causes a signal loss of
about 5db to 10db and then is asighned to their current receivers which
might be on Cable 124 or 125 for HBO or SHO as examples
Please keep in mind the original Satellite Cband signal of 3.7Ghz to 4.2Ghz
is processes or downconverter which also causes a signal loss as well and
that is the reason for many of the cable subscribers which are having such a
difficult time with their reception issues. That is not asome in my book.
The sames applied with the small pizza pan dishes from DirecTV and Dish
Network for they have to do th same with their receivers. I hope this helps
also keep in minds their is a 10 second delay from the original for which
you will find from these providers. there is no delay when usind a
conventional rooftop antenna or a cband dish sistem for the reason their
signal is a direct raw feed and there is no delay, also keep in mind the
audio specrtum from the original is 350 Mhz as where as Cable systems and
small dish systems compressed the audio down from 128mhz as low as 60Mhz