[Electronics-talk] online pictures

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 11 01:49:16 UTC 2013

Hi all,

When people upload pictures, I’d like to know about them.
On picture sharing sites and social networking sites, especially facebook, I hope there is  a way to do this.

When you upload a picture to a blog, facebook, or picture sharing site suchas shutterfly, is there a way to have the person uploading them alt text them? This is a way for a screen reader to read a description of the picture, for those who don’t know what it is.

If you’re wondering why I care, its because my family of course takes photos of big events such as family reunions and my baby nephew’s milestones. I have some vision. If they were alt texted, then I could look at the pictures I’m interested in or print them in a larger size to see them better.
I’m new to facebook so do not know if that’s possible. I know on wordpress there’s an option to alt text photos.

Thanks.

Ashley