[Electronics-talk] Question re. the Sirius XM App

Benjamin Vercellone benvercellone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 14:18:10 UTC 2013

Hello Rob.
It looks like you received helpful information concerning the Sirius XM
app from Mr. Kolby. It seems to me that you still have one unanswered
question,
which concerns uninstalling an app.
If you are a VoiceOver user, the way to do this is to exit out of the
app, Or just make sure you are not in it. Next, navigate, either by
flicking right
or left until you reach The appropriate app, or by moving your finger
along the screen until you reach the app, and its name is spoken. Then,
lift your
finger from the screen if you used the second way to reach the app
described in the last sentence. Either way you navigated, VoiceOver's
focus should now
be on the app that you want to uninstall, from outside the app. Now, tap
the screen twice, but hold your finger down after the second tap, until
you hear
the word moving followed by the app name. For example, if you double tap
and hold on the Skype app, VoiceOver will say "moving Skype." Lift your
finger
from the screen. at this point, I'm not sure if your focus is guaranteed
to stay on the same app. However, if you flick around now or  touch the
screen
and move your finger around now, you will now find a listing of the same
apps that you were able to find prior to the double tap and hold. Now,
make sure
VoiceOver's focus is on the appropriate app, meaning the one you want to
uninstall. The following action would apply to any app, and not just the
one you
want to uninstall. So make sure the focus is right. Now, what you want
to do is to double tap the screen. Also, if you have one finger on the
appropriate
app, and you hold it there and tap the screen once anywhere with the
second finger, it will accomplish the same thing. Basically, voice over
will now Bring
up a message. In the message, it will first say delete, followed by the
app name. Next, if you flick to the right or move to the right, it will
Give a
disclaimer concerning deletion of the app. If you go to the right again,
there will be the button to confirm the deletion of the app. This is the
same
thing as uninstalling it. One more time to the right, and you will reach
the cancel button, where you can cancel the uninstilation if you made a
mistake
or if you change your mind. When you are all done with these things, you
should probably press the home button to Get voiceover out of the
deletion process
or whatever.
In reality, you may find this process simple once you get the hang of
it. But you can also delete an app from your phone by deleting it from
iTunes on your computer, and then syncing with your iPhone again. That
is if you use a computer with iTunes.
I hope that this is helpful. Also, if you ever desire to uninstall an
app that you unfortunately purchased, you can follow all of these same
Steps, but
if you ever want to reinstall the app, Apple will not charge you again
for it. This is pretty good. I have bought some apps which I completely
regret,
but I have also bought some apps which I uninstalled but then wanted to
reinstall later. So it was good that I was not charged again.
Ben
On 6/18/2013 8:59 AM, Rob Tabor wrote:
> Good morning Kolby or Mr. Kolby whichever the case may be,
>
> I truly appreciate your very substantive and helpful instructions as to how
> to make the app usable with Voiceover. The process certainly appears to
> require considerable tweaking, an endeavor not very attractive to the
> technophobe, but it's good to know this app can be tweaked in such a manner
> and I am getting excited at the potential for many hours of listening
> pleasure. The iPhone app could become my preferred way of listening to the
> Sirius XM line-up, especially when I am on the go. One thing is for sure. It
> would appear to obviate the need to acquire and activate multiple radios or
> haul the laptop or notebook everywhere. Have a good day all.
> Best regards,
> Rob "Jayhawk" Tabor

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16