[Electronics-talk] ACCESSIBLE TABLETS/NETBOOKS

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 01:51:54 UTC 2013

I should have mentioned that I also have a netbook. I have an old nine
inch Asus netbook which came with Windows XP. I ran JAWS and NVDA on it
before I installed Ubuntu on it. I did upgrade it from 1G of memory to
2G to give JAWS a bit more room.

Netbooks are losing market share to tablets, but they started losing
market share even before that to the ultra thins that Apple, Asus and
other companies started coming out with a few years ago.

On 08/03/13 09:58, Baracco, Andrew W wrote:
> A tablet? No, but the iPad is a tablet, and has the same accessibility
> as the iPhone. I have an Asus netbook that I purchased a few years ago.
> It's basically a small laptop that runs Windows XP and will work with a
> Windows screen reader just like any other Windows PC. I believe that you
> can still buy netbooks, even though their market share is shrinking
> because people prefer to use tablets. I have listened to podcasts on the
> Google Nexus 7, which is an Android tablet, and it appears to have a lot
> of accessibility, and is much cheaper than an iPad or iPad mini.
> Andy

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail