[Electronics-talk] alternatives to video games and visual games

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 12 12:26:25 UTC 2013

pcsgames.net has a long list of computer games for blind people.  Some are
online, played with other people; some are for the PC; and some are for a
smart phone.
audiogames.net also has a long list of games, with reviews for each.

I have really gotten into PC gaming in the last couple years.  My favorites
are those that use the joystick, because all the keys are close together,
not spread over the PC keyboard, and because I'm not banging on my keyboard
when I use the joystick.  Two of my favorites are Hunter and Troopanum from
pcsgames.com.  Hunter is a series of different adventures in the jungle and
swamp.  Troopanum is a space invaders game, shooting down enemy ships.
I also really enjoy PC Golf, from Kitchensinc, which is free.  And one of my
new favorites is Duck Hunt, which is also free.  All you have to do is shoot
the ducks when they're in the center of the screen, but it gets harder as
you go along.

A friend tells me there are blind-friendly games for the IPhone, but I don't
have one, so don't know about them.
Tracy