[Electronics-talk] Help with iTunes on the PC

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Tue Mar 19 15:17:48 UTC 2013

Hey Jenny,

In general, you need to import music into iTunes and then you need to
sync the music to your phone.

Importing tracks you created yourself can be rather tedious,
especially if the tracks don't have id3 tags associated with them. I
don't know how your tracks were created, so I don't know if you have
id3 tags.  The tedium comes from the fact that you'll probably want to
tell iTunes that these files are part of a single album.  The fact
that they live in a single folder doesn't indicate that to iTunes.

To add music to itunes, Look under the file menu for "add folder to
library" Then, browse to the folder of bible tracks and they'll be
added to iTunes.

Next, select all the files that you just imported in your music library.
HINT: you can sort your library by the data files were added by
pressing control+j and then move to the sort by drop down and selecting
'date added'  This will move the files you just added to the top of
your music library.

Once you've selected all the files you just added, bring up the
context menu by typing shift+f10.  Select 'get info' from that menu.
This will bring up a list of items you can set for all the selected
files.  Tab down to 'album' and type in something useful like 'The
Holy bible", and then press return.

Now, you should be able to sync the bible to your phone and then find
it there.

I've left out many corner cases and hand waved over parts of the
process that I assume you already know how to do. Feel free to contact
me off list if you need more information.

Take Care,

Jim

Basically, you need to import the audio into iTunes,