[Electronics-talk] accessible dishwasher, refrigerator, and washer and dryer

Debra Whitt dawhitt at att.net
Thu Mar 28 03:25:23 UTC 2013

The best thing to do is call all of the appliance stores and ask them about
the types of features you need and then go check them out.  Years ago I was
lucky enough to get a really great guy at Sears.  I felt all of the
appliances and told him what I needed and he got online and found a few
things and then we called around to see what stores, Best buy, H&H Greg,
Lowes, etc.. might have particular models so I could go see them in person
and when I found what I wanted he ordered it through Sears for me.  Stay
away from LG dishwashers.  I purchased one with buttons 4 years ago and had
it replaced 4 times in two years, this was a real fight, just to finally
have someone tell me the energy efficient feature meant it didn't really dry
completely and I could keep asking for them to be replaced but it would not
change the poor design.  It is getting harder to find accessible appliances.
I even had a flat top stove at one point which had different textures around
the burner section so you could feel, if you were careful where the burner
began and it was so easy to clean and the knobs clicked and the clock beeped
as you set it with each minute.  I wish I hadn't sold it with my house when
I did.  Crock pots and coffee pots are getting harder to find.  I got a
really good microwave at Sam's three years ago with raised buttons.  You
might try getting the number to a main factory for Kenmore, Whirlpool, etc.,
and call the companies directly and have someone research this for you and
they might even be able to tell you what stores in your area carry the
specific models that sound good to you.

Debra Whitt