[Electronics-talk] free screen reader review inthebraile monitor

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sun May 5 16:29:26 UTC 2013

Sorry David, I stayed out as long as I could <frustrated grin>.
Folks, this really isn't the right list for this conversation.  It
really does make life better for all of us if you post computer
related items, such as free screen reviews, on the nfbcs list.

However, here we are and here we go.

First off, Interested folks might want to read the docs from Freedom
Scientific.  They weren't hard to find.  I just searched for thumb
drive on Freedom's web site.

Here is the link I found.

http://www.freedomscientific.com/downloads/jaws/JAWS-MAGic-usb-drive.asp

I'll point out that you can't just run jaws off the thumb drive like
you can with NVDA.  JAWS requires that you install the video intercept
drivers on the machine first.  This is a non-starter in a lot of
environments.

Jim