[Electronics-talk] GPS Similar to Original Trekker?

Roger Behm AIS aistech at ameritech.net
Thu May 9 15:03:14 UTC 2013

Hi Danielle,

I am a HumanWare dealer in Wisconsin and I am also totally blind and
sell and use the Trekker Breeze from HumanWare everyday!

I sel it fo ronly $599.00 and free UPS ground shipipng and no sales
tax, where HumanWare chargews $699.00.

I include the new Trekker Breeze running the latest maps 3.3 and
firmware 2.01 and give you free tech support 7 days a week by phone
or email or skype.

You also receive from my company the entire U.S. maps 3.3 on one DVD
disk along with documentation and the Trekker Map manager software
that goes on your windows computer to install or remove maps from the
SD card that is in the Trekker Breeze.

The Trekker Breeze does just what you want announcing every
intersection as you approachh it, telling you the names of the
streets, what type of intersection, 3 way, 4 way, 5 way or so, you
can look up commercial points of interest and have it guide you to
that place by walking or driving. It works just like a Nuvi that
sighted folks use, same maps, and same synthesized voice, but the
differences are 8.5 hours of battery life, no lcd screen, very
accurate, and the Trekker Breeze was made from the bottom up for the
blind traveler, not a adaptived device for the blind like the gps
device leader dog is selling, the Captan plus.

You can't get lost with the Trekker Breeze unless your batery goes
dead, 8.5 battery life, or you drop and damage it or lose it.

I have had mine since december 2008, have just changed the battery
out for a new battery last year, have droped it in the snow and rain
and it still works just fine!

I have used it on the metro in Chicago last month, it worked just
fine, used it in many big cities around the U.S.  last summer used it
in Los Angeles from the LAX airport to  our hotel, announcingn every
street we crossed in the cab, how many miles we traveled from the
airport to the hotel, and how fas the cab driver was going.

  I use it to fine near by hotels, restaurants, banks and ATM'S, and
many other commercial points of interest.

The best thing about having the Trekker Breeze all updates are free
and so are the maps, HumanWare have never charged for firmware
updates or new maps, unlike the SenderoGroup's gps program which now
was reduced to $995.00 and stil you must purchase a PDA like a
VoiceNote Apex or HIMS VoiceSense at least around $2,000 more and
have to have a external GPS bluetooth receiver too, to keep charged
and handy to find the satellites, unlike the Trekker Breeze where
everything is built in one 7 ounce device and has a carrying case,
belt clip and shoulder strap.

It also comes with a wired external very small speaker that you plug
in to the ear phone jack, and attach it to your  collar of your shirt
or coat or strap of the Trekker Breeze and has a very loud volume,
which many of my blind-hearing impaired customers love it, because of
its great volume, which when traveling along a busy street is nice to
be able to turn the volume up so you can hear what the Trekker Breeze
is saying.

There are audio mp3 files on my web page that will let you hear what
it sounds like and go through some of its great features.

My contact information is at the bottom of this email, if you wish to
contact me.

Regards,
Roger Behm

At 07:28 AM 5/9/2013, Tracy Carcione wrote:
>Hi Danielle.
>What a great cab driver!
>The Trekker Breeze is sold by Humanware, humanware.com.
>Tracy
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Danielle Antoine"
><singingmywayin at gmail.com>

ADAPTIVE INFORMATION SYSTEMS INC.
WE MAKE TECHNOLOGY ACCESSIBLE TO THE VISION IMPAIRED AND READING DISABLED

ROGER A BEHM, PRESIDENT
1611 CLOVER LANE
JANESVILLE WI 53545-1388
VOICE: 608-758-0933