[Electronics-talk] washing machine

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sat Nov 9 18:11:38 UTC 2013

At least you have the option of buying your own washer.  Many of us who live
in apartments don't have that option and must use an on-site laundry room or
commercial laundrimat whose machines are all-electronic, and of course, not
modifiable in any way to make them more accessible.  Plus, most commercial
washers and dryers now use a card-based system to activate them, unlike the
good old days when you could activate them simply by feeding them coins.  To
add monetary value to these laundry cards requires using a totally
inaccessible vending machine, so it is no longer possible for a blind person
do do the laundry in a laundry room or commercial laundrimat without sighted
help.

Gerald