[Electronics-talk] kindle

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Thu Nov 21 17:01:17 UTC 2013

So, I haven't played with, or seen any good reviews for, the
accessibility featues in the HDX.  If anyone knows of any reviews,
could you please post them here?

However, I have used talkback on other android tablets, the new Nexus
7, and I would strongly suggest that if you're going to go the tablet
route you give strong consideration to an idevice (iphone, ipod touch,
ipad mini or ipad)

In general terms, the accessibility experience on the idevices is
quite superior to that found on the android devices.  You would be
able to use the kindle app for idevices, which is accessible and free.

Two caveats here.  First, it may be that Amazon put some extra work
into the Kindle fire HDX making the accessibility experience superior
to stock android.  I doubt it, but it's possible.

Second, you'll pay more for an idevice than you will for the HDX.

Hope this helps,

Jim